Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Peel Away Toxic Messages

Women are beginning to wake up to this.  It's mighty work to disentangle ourselves from the programming we've been swimming in since birth.  When I think back to my teen and early adult years, I cringe at the indoctrination into the world of "beauty" and "fashion" and "thinness".  My mother spent my childhood seesawing between diet pills and tranquilizers.  It wasn't until years later, I realized how unhealthy and tragic the messages were she was responding to and unintentionally passing along to her daughters and to my daughters!  What a crock of nonsense we've been sold!  kastilwell

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, this is a time for women to come into their own and to express our wisdom voices, I'm quite sure. How this happens will be individual for each of us.

    But I had a mother, too, who had a fixation with weight. It wasn't a good message for me, either. I'm afraid we're not alone, but there is healing.

    Sending all good thoughts,
    LW

    ReplyDelete