Friday, September 9, 2022

The Word


This poem delighted me.

 ..."and sunlight were a present
s/he had sent from someplace distant
as this morning--to cheer you up,
and to remind you that, among your duties,
pleasure is a thing..."

The day was overcast yesterday as I 
began my walk in the woods as
it has been most every morning.
As I was heading home,
approached the ridge overlooking
the valley where we live,
a large brilliant light
flashed through the trees.
My immediate thought
was it was a large truck
coming up the road.

It was the sun!!  

It made me think of this poem
and rejoice in the sun
and the woods
and walking
and friends
and the internet
where people
can share uplifting thoughts
and the river of goodness
can flow through the ether.

kastilwell






No comments:

Post a Comment