Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Conflict Isn't the Adversary of Connection

Confrontation.  
Fear of it is alive and strong in me.
(Unless its someone else's.) 
Unfortunately my rage can overcome my fear.
That blast results in hurt and harm.
I spend a lot of time reading and studying conflict.
And I believe it can be done with mutual respect,
resulting in positive results.
I've witnessed it in mediation rooms.
And I have a very deep desire for it to be this way.
That's why it was good to run across this quote.
These days many of us have retreated 
into our corners, in what is currently 
an us versus them world.
Binary thinking in its extreme.
My deepest hope is that the river of goodness.
 gathers the power from both sides of the river
showing us how we can work together, 
Especially when there is conflict. 
Because we are all connected.
kastilwell


No comments:

Post a Comment