Thursday, August 17, 2023

Flight Paths Ending


"...my mother gave me a gift containing only air,
only a scent to breathe once and never again--
something familiar but undefined, 
a secret that could not be spoken 
but brimmed with memory and atmosphere all at once."

I read this line several times mulling over its meaning.
When I saw "mother" as Earth, my breath caught in my throat.

"my mother gave me a gift containing only air"?

Only air?  
After covid, haven't we all recognized the omnipotence of air?  
Haven't we come to deeply appreciate the "simple" act of breathing?


"a secret that cannot be spoken".
This "brims" with an air of mystery and invisible power.
 Like coming home to a place you sense is there
but haven't yet walked through the door.
You're standing with your hand on the knob
envisioning the welcome opening inside you.

"...the secret of being without validation..."
Being at home inside yourself
without need for followers, views or clicks.
Friendships are the rare treasures of your existence.

"We are all born a secret.  Maybe life is in learning 
to set it free."
Yes. Yes. Yes.

kastilwell





 

No comments:

Post a Comment