Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Knowing Your Own Darkness

I can't count the number of times I've put this quote aside.
This blog is meant to be uplifting.
(I think that's referred to as denial.)  
Today, I accept reality and share.
Darkness is a term I've come to  think of for the unknown, 
rather than the unwanted, the rejected, the unacceptable.
These days, the latter seems to be everywhere 
demanding attention; forcing me to see
things I'd rather didn't exist.

Here's the thing...I accept that unwanted things exist;
in the outer world and in my own inner spaces.
I'm practicing how to live aware of the mixture.
To acknowledge the unwanted, rejected and unacceptable.
To see the flaws and the failings and find a shred of kindness.
When I'm mean and spiteful instead, I want 
to extend mercy to myself and attempt understanding in others.
I balk at the term terrifying...although excruciating fits...
for "accepting oneself completely".
 I'm thinking that using our energy and attention
to focus on what is enlivening and inspiring 
in equal if not greater measure than what is not
seems a more coherent way to live 
our one precious life, don't you think?
Namaste'










 

No comments:

Post a Comment