Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Power of Language and Experience



Even though this is not exactly in keeping with the goal of focusing on the positive, it is focusing on taking action to change things.  In light of this, (Putting a fool in his place--) I sent this letter off this morning.

Senators,  I'm pleading with you.  We need you to defend our democracy. This president is not acting in alignment with all this country stands for and I am begging you and your colleagues to stand up against his treacherous tactics.  He's gained the support of voters with fear and hatred and lies.  You know this is true. I want to believe you are decent human beings with morals and even though I don't always agree with you on policy matters, I want to have faith in your integrity and in your humanity.  Please, Please, PLEASE do something.  Revoking the press pass of a journalist for asking questions is WRONG.  Forcing Jeff Sessions out as Attorney General is WRONG.  (These are just two current examples.) This is the United States of America, not some Banana Republic.  You must do your job and stop this assault on freedom and democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment