Wednesday, December 5, 2018

You Owe Yourself



Forget the "make it count" stuff.  I'm weary from all the thoughts of "making it count" and being memorable and all the other pressure I feel about doing something significant.  It distracts me from actually "being" alive and relishing that physical reality.  For example, walking in the woods is an exercise in reviewing my "to do" list, rehashing incidents in the recent past, coming up with plans for the immediate future (in order to "make it count")
OR
it can be an experience of the senses...listening to the sounds of the "silent" forest; smelling the unmistakable cloud of cedar when I reach that certain juncture; noting the changes in the colors and the play of the light along the way; hearing the change in the tone of the creek; the feel of my physical body breathing and moving along; a way to actually experience and preserve the memory of being here and now as a human being alive on this planet.
Oh!  And finally, if you can pull off more than an hour, go for it!  Take as many hours as you can squeeze out of the day!   I'll stop "talking" now!  KAS

No comments:

Post a Comment