Thursday, December 27, 2018

Breathe--The Chapter is Not the Story

Sometimes, chapters are long.  Longer than you wish with dense or difficult prose.  As a reader, I enjoy skimming over unappealing sections of a story. As a human being living my story, there is a way to do this but I'm not sure I recommend it.   I often listen to stories where I have the option to fast-forward or rewind a section; options not available to us as we write our real-life human-being-living story.  With awareness and thoughtfulness, you can change the arc of your story/life.  And, the most important piece of this for me is I am the one doing the writing.  I may be getting situations from an apparently random universe, but my response; my story, belongs to me.  I seek to own it with gusto!  KAS

No comments:

Post a Comment