Friday, October 30, 2020

Finished With Love


This resonates with me.  Recently, I heard an interview between E.J. Koh and Helena De Groot on Poetry Off The Shelf.  Koh says, "I’m researching these stories and histories and interviewing people about trauma, and reading about it. Some of my colleagues ask like, “How can you do this all day? You read these horrific things and incidents all day long, for years. Doesn’t that ever get you down?” you know. And I think, what they don’t realize sometimes is, well, when you interview people about . . .trauma, what we’re also talking about constantly is love. When you’re talking about the most horrific things in history and the things this family did to get through it, we’re always talking about love. That’s where the conversation goes almost every time."  I think it fits nicely with this quote.  kastilwell

No comments:

Post a Comment