Thursday, July 21, 2022

Don't Want To Forget


As someone who feels compelled to take notes,
these words rattle me. 
I remember being a much younger version of myself,
living in Florida and my mom was coming to visit.
I am in the airport at the gate (it was that long ago)
awaiting her appearance with our new video camera
poised to capture the moment.
I got the shot, but as I lowered the camera,
I realized with dismay that I missed the moment.
I can still remember that feeling.
I got the shot but wasn't "there" to wrap her in a hug.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE photographs.
They are balm to my spirit when I'm missing
my girls and my grands and my mom.
I'm now realizing it's not the 2 dimensional photo
but the body felt memory and love that stirs me.
It's all good but it bears thinking about...
and drinking in the feeling!
kastilwell

PS:  What are you doing that you don't want to forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment