Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wild in Our Breast For Centuries

How typical that when I ran across this quote, 
there was no one named as the author.
Discovering it was Anna Akhmatova,
an accomplished Russian poet,
made me shake my head
and think of all the accomplished women
lost in the echoes of history.
Lost by name, but not by deed.
For I know they contributed mightily.
They just weren't/aren't recognized for it.
But their impact lives on 
in all of us striving for 
dignity, decency and fairness 
in every corner of the globe.
May I salute the unnamed heroines
for their countless contributions
to the river of goodness.

That being said,
I'm paying attention to
"cherries blowing into town 
from the surrounding woods."

kastilwell

One more thing. If you haven't seen the video of Joni Mitchell
singing Both Sides Now at age 78 after an aneurysm
 took away her ability to sing or play guitar,
I recommend it for inspiration.
Search:  "Joni Mitchell Both Sides Now Newport 2022"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment