Friday, July 29, 2022

Grant Me The Wisdom

It is refreshing to encounter worn out quotes
enlivened with the chrism of evolutionary thinking.
Breathing new life into tired phrases.
They've worked hard for their time
and we a grateful 
for they have led to this expanded view.
May we continue to quicken our thoughts.
Breaking ground for growth and change.
kastilwell

Here is the entire piece.

Grant me the serenity to accept myself as I am,
to refuse to be at war with my own flesh,
to tend to my needs, my pain, my fears,
gently and without judgment.

Grant me the courage to receive
the accountability of others
that supports my unlearning of dominance,
encourages me towards healing,
and challenges me to deepen
my practice of love.

Grant me the wisdom to know the difference
between invitations to learn
and reasons to self-loath;
between the posture of perfectionism
and the labors of freedom and transformation;
between the entrapments of guilt and shame
and the joy of doing things differently.
In all things, lure me in the ways of liberation,
collective and intimate.

Rev. M Jade Kaiser
enfleshed liturgy library


 

No comments:

Post a Comment