Friday, September 8, 2023

Letting People Be Wrong About You

I asked myself why this quote caught my attention.
Its because it sits hand in hand with the instinct to please others
rather than attuning to and following our own inner compass.

Isn't having to endure the disapproval or condemnation of someone, 
especially someone you care about, or someone with 
actual or perceived authority over you, 
one of life's most difficult situations? I know it is for me.

I would say it's a super power to develop the peace and focus
to hold your own with grace and dignity in these circumstances.

This is why I have tremendous admiration and respect for those
who have to endure society's scorn and derision.
Living as the recipient of that prejudice requires one to develop this power.
I am in awe of their prowess.

It stands in sharp contrast to those who are born into circumstances of  power
who use their privilege to domineer and tyrannize those they see as "less than".

kastilwell


 

No comments:

Post a Comment