Thursday, September 7, 2023

If You Knew


 It's a puzzle to me
but somehow I'm programmed
with a strong wall of denial
that results in taking people and circumstances
for granted in the mistaken notion
things will continue on as they are.
No one will get sick or die.
No permanent harm will come
to anyone I care about.
This exquisite life I'm living 
will remain this way forever.
You can see how naive and inaccurate this is.
It's my shield of bliss against the inevitable.
Every now and then I get a glimpse,
a forewarning, a fragment of reality
so harsh and jangling I am propelled
out of my cocoon of oblivion and
come face to face with how
fleeting and fragile everything is.
The utter majesty of it all levels me.
The extreme largesse of being here
with you and you and you,
makes me speechless.

kastilwell


No comments:

Post a Comment