Saturday, September 29, 2018

This too shall pass


There are a number of snarky comments that come to mind about things I'm hoping will pass away very, very soon.

However, in light of the intention of the quote, I will refrain.  Instead, I will focus on those delicious moments that often come upon me when I'm unaware.  The smell of fresh coffee; the scent of a loved one, an unexpected blossom, the sound of crickets in the predawn hours, or the gentle rain on the roof.  Those sorts of tiny treasures I often miss noticing.  They will nourish me when I'm starved for civility, justice, integrity, and dignity in the world. 

I send love and strength and support to all the women and men who suffer from the impact of assault and/or abuse of any kind.  I also recognize there are women and men who are enduring various kinds of violations to their humanity in the present.  True change is happening thanks to those who are speaking out and those of us who are in solidarity with them.  May it continue to grow.

2 comments:

  1. These small moments are sometimes the best anchors of daily life, I think.

    It was interesting that the email feed combined this post with the next one about truth — it was an odd juxtaposition, although both were excellent posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I just now discovered your comments here. Need to tweak some things, obviously. Think I have it figured out!

      Delete