Sunday, September 30, 2018

Truth Emerges

“The more aggressive our search for the truth the more some people are offended by the press. I take great strength in knowing that in my experience the truth does emerge. It takes forever sometimes, but it does emerge. And any relaxation by the press will end up being costly to democracy.” 

Ben Bradlee

He knew that finding the truth required standing up to power and not getting pushed around by anyone.  

************************

These days, when lying seems rampant and successful, this is reassuring.  I continue to believe TRUTH ENDURES. I continue to look for it with much gratitude to those journalists, like Jane Meyer, whose diligence and determination and courage I rely on.  And I continue to speak it out whenever possible.   

No comments:

Post a Comment