Sunday, October 21, 2018

This is Still Our America




“The greatness of America 
lies not in being more enlightened 
than any other nation, 
but rather in her ability 
to repair her faults.”  
Alexis de Tocqueville
I believe this nation has some deep faults, ones that have come into the glaring light of day in recent years. I believe many who have been more marginalized in our society knew those faults were there, even while so many people were blinded by privilege. But I believe that many millions now are clear-eyed about the challenges ahead. 
You are determined to fight and VOTE. To repair is not easy work. But I believe it is already underway. This is still your America."
Excerpt from Dan Rather's post.  

1 comment:

  1. I certainly hope he's right- I believe in the ability of Americans to reach out, be generous, and share their hope for the future, but I also fear for those of us who have retreated into a different sort of place entirely.

    ReplyDelete