Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Ecology of Awe

I wanted to use common, lay words to visualize the size of the COVID 19 virus in an effort to convey how small the object is that has captured the attention of the world in a way few of us have witnessed in our lifetime.  In my mind, it is similar to the grizzly.  Instead of two legs, it has spikes.  Instead of roaring, it silently invades on air particles.  I can say with certainty that it has returned me to an ecology of awe.   As far as the language used to visualize its size...that calls for a deep and detailed study.  Microbiology and virology are two of the topics I ventured into on a hunt for the right words.  What I encountered there caused me to quietly tiptoe back out more than a bit overwhelmed and impressed. kas

No comments:

Post a Comment