Friday, May 7, 2021

Come Home To Yourself?


 How's this for challenging?  
To embrace and befriend my innermost self
even when its extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable?
A tall order but a worthwhile endeavor
since no one but I can fulfill this mission.

I brace myself for the obstacles ahead.
The retail therapy; 
the shiny objects of distraction;
the seductive activities tempting me away
from what hurts or feels awkward 
or "icky" inside.  

Instead of donning armor 
and gathering weapons,
this calls for softening, 
widening the cracks,
gathering tenderness,
channeling a loving mother,
(or grandmother).

Discovering:
patient listening, 
my very own confessional,
 with absolution;
a gentler way of seeing, 
the power of forgiveness,
the elixir of a fresh start,
finding a best friend
right here inside me.

Imagine that!
kastilwell


No comments:

Post a Comment