Monday, March 7, 2022

Our Grief Is Our Love


As difficult as it is, 
I'm asking myself if this isn't the time
for feeling the grief of what is happening
rather than trying to divert attention
to something more "optimistic"?  
How can we not grieve as we witness
our sisters and brothers 
fighting for their dignity,
their freedom, and their lives? 
What we are witnessing is 
the gruesome reality of
the patriarchy. 

My heart hurts 
for humans who are so filled with fear
they inflict such madness onto others.
My heart hurts doubly
for the recipients of their madness.

Let us imagine
a different way.
A friend dreamed 
the mothers and grandmothers of Russia
got into their cars and drove enmasse
to Ukraine to bring 
their sons and grandsons home;
away from the killing,
away from the violence,
away from the injustice.
And peace is restored for all.
I want that dream to be real.

kastilwell



No comments:

Post a Comment