Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Objectifying

 
This is heavy thinking for the day before Thanksgiving;
but I'm sharing it because its linked to something 
I've been observing within myself for awhile now.
While reading The Enchanted Life, by Sharon Blackie,
I was made aware of my own tendency to objectify the world around me.  
I did not see the trees and plants in the woods as having any essence of their own,
I saw them as lifeless objects. 
It was an uncomfortable realization.
It was then I noticed how often I view myself 
through the eyes of others. (Objectifying myself?)
"What will "they" think?"
This thought follows me relentlessly,
unconsciously and unintentionally.
Now it is becoming conscious.
Which leads to welcome change.
For which I am endlessly grateful.
kastilwell




No comments:

Post a Comment