Friday, November 4, 2022

Nature Teaches Nothing Is Lost

It makes me happy when I find the quote that "clicks."
This one took some time but I feel its worth it.
"Nothing is lost...it's transmuted."
This line makes me think of all I've previously called "loss".
Seeing them as "transmutations" 
shifts the conversation considerably.
Losing my dad, for example,
becomes "how has he been transmuted?"
rather than a series of bittersweet memories.
Thinking of him as part of the leaves
covering the ground right now
feeding the soil for next year's seeds
brings me a distinct sense of joy.
And I know he'd like it, too.
Seeing him transmuted into the saplings
growing in the forest
makes me even more joyful as
it connects to the memory
of him planting and then watering
the saplings on the property
where we lived in earlier days.
PS: He wasn't watering with a hose,
he was watering with buckets
as the hose didn't reach that far out! 
I didn't mean for this to get so long.
I didn't get to "shame and sorrow
returning composted."
That's another "fertile" thought I'll carry with me
and leave you with.
kastilwell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment