Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Saying Goodbye

I'm still recovering from
having the wind knocked out of me
reading this poem.
(Some of you receive
I'm curious if it affects you like it does me?)
The thought behind this
is the kind of beautiful 
that makes me weep 
with an incredulous delight,
a dumbfounded wonder.
I want to wrap it around me
like a forever shawl,
 a new skin.

"it's dark and it's sweet
and it's terrifying,
this thread that reminds us
just how much we belong
to the rest of the world, 
this thread we can't untie
even if we wanted to."

I would add the fervent hope
and the enigmatic belief
that this thread can be healed,
rewoven even, in the 
frayed places where human frailties 
cause harm and suffering to others?
kastilwell
 

2 comments:

  1. I’m trying to process my Mom’s illness and death -almost 20 years ago, doing this darn Grief Recovery Workshop stuff. It seems to me that the method is trying to re-thread loss and then release it, I hooe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa, this sounds intense. I salute you. My father has been dead almost 30 years and this made me realize how deeply I've buried my feelings. It has stirred it up in ways I hope will help release it for me as well. Sending love to you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete