Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Nothing More Poetic Than Photosynthesis

What strikes me about this conversation
is how much I/we take for granted.
Our life force is given to us by 
the power of photosynthesis.
I'm guessing few of us truly
appreciate this monumental process.
I certainly didn't/don't.
Even though I learned about it long ago.
It didn't really sink into my consciousness.

Covid gave us a new appreciation for breathing.
Photosynthesis has been here all along.
Quietly, elegantly, simply, doing its "thing";
and here's the most exquisite factor...
we're giving it back...
by breathing in and breathing out!
We provide our carbon dioxide
back to the trees and plants
so they can continue giving us life.

Something to concentrate our attention on
when meditating or doing yoga 
or every other thing we do.

kastilwell




 

No comments:

Post a Comment