Wednesday, April 12, 2023

I Need A Kind of Spiritual Inhalation

How grateful I am for these words this morning.
 After a long, long County Commissioner's meeting,
"searching for the preciousness of small thingsis essential.
How to see a divisive and decidedly difficult situation
with a more spacious perspective?

I'm holding tiny blooms on the goldenseal 
thriving in a substantial patch as my "ordinary miracle".
I planted seeds years ago and gave up on them
after seeing nothing grow year after year.
A distinct antidote to the distress of discord.

So many well-intentioned and good hearted people
struggling to find the right steps going forward.
There for those long hours because they care
in their own particular way, for this community.
Some, on both sides of the issue,
were stunningly beautiful with their words.

May we continue to cultivate joy
with an eye toward tiny and spectacular.
kastilwell


No comments:

Post a Comment