Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Object We Call A Book

This made me pause and ponder.
There's a string of books in my life
that significantly expanded my perspective.
However, it wasn't until the "seed" of Sand Talk
that it germinated. --  

Where along the trajectory of my life
did I get the idea that books
held some higher authority?
Echos of parochial school?

Can any book be considered 
a static repository of truth?
(I include holy books of religions.) 
Aren't they more like photos?
A record of a moment in time?
Maybe a photo album is a better metaphor
-- moments across time like in the bible or history books. 
Aren't even textbooks temporary records?

I love the metaphor of the seed or the musical score.
Both contain an invitation to something more--
engagement, attention and a "bringing to life"
of those marks on the page.

kastilwell














 

No comments:

Post a Comment