Friday, July 7, 2023

All Earthlings are Kin in the Deepest Sense


"all earthlings are kin in the deepest sense."

This point is being brought home to me
in a deep and surprising way as I contemplate my ancestry
and realize there are innumerable beings who participated
in my presence in this form on this planet. 
What I come away with is the distinct sense
that we are all related.  We are all in this together.


 "protect our spaces and our time for non-instrumental, 
non commercial activity and thought, 
for maintenance, for care, for conviviality."

Something to become more aware of in daily living.  

Where I run into some inner conflict is when
instrumental and commercial elements are necessary,
such as in buying a ticket to board a plane
to fly hundreds of miles
in order to be with loved ones
"in the flesh" "for care and conviviality";
the many sides of this get tumbled together.

Finding the sweet spot amidst
the various elements ---
humanity, more than humans, 
technology and commerciality
and landscape is a balancing act.

Technology brought me
a treasured last encounter
with my mom.
It was "instrumental"
for our human encounter.

Weaving it all together into a cloth
that nourishes our human animality
is what matters, I believe.

kastilwell



No comments:

Post a Comment