Monday, September 2, 2024

Think Always Of The Universe

I chuckle at my naive assumption this idea was a contemporary one.
A Roman Emperor from 161-180 would not be considered a contemporary! 

"The Universe as living creature
with all absorbed into its consciousness."
They were discussing consciousness during the Roman Empire?
Why am I finding this so surprising?
If I'd paid better attention in school...I'd know this, right?
Nonetheless, this is potent thought material.

That being said, I struggle with an aspect of this belief.
That means all the nasty stuff going on 
is part of "one substance, one soul"?
That's painful to wrap my head around.
I so want to simplify things into good or bad.
Which is exactly the problem with humanity.
Centuries of dualistic thinking brought us here.

What is remarkable is we have the power to shift the tide.
We're witnessing the power of joy and optimism 
in the face of fear and hatred.
We're witnessing the power of working together 
toward bringing us all together.
Let us hold fast to this vision 
and bring it into full flower.
Namaste'











 

No comments:

Post a Comment