Monday, September 30, 2024

Extraordinary Riches


These words cause some unheaval within me.
For my alone time is sometimes fraught with 
worry and recrimination...
 neural pathways etched into a deep ravine
from years of repeat.
They show up, like a murder of crows, 
(no disrespect to crows)
causing a ruckus, yammering away;
stealing joy and embezzling delight.
This shouldn't be a surprise since
they've had years and years of practice.
I've gotten better at seeing them coming...
I now notice and nod toward their presence.
Ignoring them only raises the volume.
I redirect their complaints to a compost bin
where they (and I) can be forgiven
through the grace of understanding
and a merciful invitation to stand down,
forging kinder pathways, softer voices, gentler tones.
It's then I begin to "discover extraordinary riches."
A worthy mission for what remains of my lifetime.
Namaste'





No comments:

Post a Comment