Tuesday, October 1, 2024

We All Carry

  1. Definition of haunting 
    1. to visit habitually or appear to frequently as a spirit or ghost.
      to recur persistently to the consciousness of; remain with. 
      to visit frequently; go to often.
      to frequent the company of; be often with. 
      to disturb or distress; cause to have anxiety; trouble; worry.

    2. In typical fashion, the first thought "haunting" brought to mind 
      was the last one listed here.  
      I'm glad I looked it up because I am delighted by the first four.
      The idea of my past and future self visiting frequently 
      brings me comfort as I know they are on my side,
      showing me the way, when I take the time to listen.
      I confess to some ambivalence about visiting my past self;
      even while coming to a place of compassion for the mistakes she made. 
      Those mistakes have served to humble me in a mostly helpful way,
      although that doesn't mean they aren't still cringe worthy.
      May we all enjoy our happy hauntings.
      Namaste'










 

No comments:

Post a Comment