Wednesday, September 25, 2024

They Say Nobody Is Coming

Isn't it a worthwhile enterprise to 
give strong attention to these saving graces?
Thinking back over my life, I am overwhelmed
by how often this occurrs,
especially when things felt stark and hopeless.

It's not only people who save me.
Many, many other than humans do so frequently.
A hawk lands on the deck railing just as I sit down at the window.
A flower I forgot I planted blooms unexpectedly and brilliantly.
An owl hoots a greeting across the fields as I walk at predawn.
An abandoned dog I didn't want stole my heart in less then 5 minutes.
The seeds I plant come up, grow and bear fruit.
Vignettes of wildflowers catch my eye, fungus, lichen, moss, stumps
all provide visual beauty in unexpected and undesigned places.
The moon, sunsets and sunrises constantly make me catch my breath.
The list is long and growing longer as I think about it!

It's an embarrassment of riches 
received without proper appreciation.

These words are doing it now...saving me.
Showing me how wealthy I am
in what really matters.
We truly are in this together.
The entanglement is real and dazzling.

Namaste'






 

No comments:

Post a Comment