Friday, August 30, 2024

It's Not What You Look For

"It's not what you look for but what is there ready to be revealed."
This sure has me pondering what it is I'm looking for
AND what is there ready to be revealed.

At this, (some would say late) stage in my growing,
I'm embarking on a learning adventure with art 
that has me caught in its playful grip like a giant magnet 
drawing me into a web where I am blissfully captured
and eagerly stumbling around in a confusion of wandering,
allowing myself to savor the journey no matter how lost I feel.
I trust it is softening me.

"But the sun keeps nudging us, with beauty its calling card,
and if we can bear the softening 
she will change our gaze to see what's true."

I'm reminding myself that beauty is mine to define;
as is what's true for me unsettling as this feels...
This odyssey isn't about "commercial success";
I like to think its more about priceless contribution.

Namaste'





 

No comments:

Post a Comment