This is long....
worthwhile if you have the time available to slow down and read.
"Beyond attachment to flag and country, beyond identity and faith,
...here we are swimming in the one pool of possibility,
made from the one cell."
I can lose this mindset so easily. Before I realize it, I'm
this label, and this label and that category...I do it to myself!
"I am, first, a citizen of the heart dwelling in the house of flesh."
All of us simply breathing, bleeding bodies living out whatever time and place
we landed in on this planet...sharing the same air, the same water,
the same ground, the same universe.
"If you insist on waving a flag, let it be exceptional in its width.
In the eyes of [the Unknown] there are no favorites.
...Forget superiority and comparison."
It means including everyone and everything.
Why do I find that so unappealing...at least on one level...
very appealing on another, but darn...people need to learn how
to treat each other properly...with dignity, ideally, or if not...with decency.
"If you insist on having an identity, let it be of bone and blood.
Let your song be equal parts praise and grief, and awe.
How I love the recipe for singing as
equal parts praise, grief and awe.
Mine wants to be gratitude, sorrow, and astonishment.
PS: Hats off to you if you made it through this entire piece.
No worries if you didn't.
May the Force be with you always.



No comments:
Post a Comment