Friday, August 26, 2022

Art Opens The World


 This quote is well timed for me.
I'm finding this to be true 
and ever so useful when my "ship"
 seems to list toward the doldrums.

I'm thinking it's important to
pay close attention to those things
that feel spacious and expansive.
AND, to pay attention to when you feel 
heavy and dull or 
overwhelmed and closed off.
Because it can sneak up on you.

I recently had to make a lengthy drive.
My usual is to listen to an audiobook
which is familiar and enjoyable.
This day, for some reason,
I opened up spotify; shuffled
my favorite songs and listened to music.
It was such as unexpected treat.
My spirits were lifted.
I'd become so acclimated to resisting
everything "out there" coming at me
too fast and furious and frightening;
I didn't realize how closed down 
I was until the music opened 
windows inside and let in some fresh air.

kastilwell

No comments:

Post a Comment