Monday, May 6, 2024

We Are Not Here To Be Separate

"Love and kindness is what heals and bonds us to the world around us."

It sounds so simple, and it is.
Yet, in my experience, it is far from easy.
Like when you're in the midst of living your life as best you can
and circumstances arrive triggering your mean lever, your hate button,
your raw spots where hurt, terror and self-pity are still in the process of healing.
I envy those who have honed their practice to ride those waves
without being dumped overboard.

I'm glad this metaphor appeared because being dumped overboard,
into the water might be just the medicine for this moment.
Isn't becoming water one of the strategies for resilience?
Even as I struggle with water's apparent passivity,
I remember how water can reconstruct entire landscapes.
Whether in the form of a mighty storm, 
a gentle mist across the mountains,
or the fluid my body is composed of...
water seems to be offering me a hand...
a kind and loving hand in the midst of ordeals,
replenishing my coffers of love and kindness,
like a long, refreshing drink of water.
A salute to the river!
Namaste'







 

No comments:

Post a Comment