Tuesday, May 21, 2024

When You Spend Time Paying Attention

It sounds strange to say this but I have come
to realize there is a certain power in the acceptance
of the "dead, dying and ailing in life".
Those imperfections, flaws and failings I
don't want to see...refuse to acknowledge. 
So much energy used to reject, ignore, deny...
energy I didn't realize was being drained.
The sensation of surrender...that moment of saying,
"This is awful and I don't like it one bit, but it is real and it hurts and
 I wish it was different yet here it is;"
opened a door I didn't know was there to something surprisingly gentle...
something unexpectedly comforting.  
The tight, taut places loosened up and released a bit.
It made room for considering different approaches...
the soft, slow drops of water wearing away stone.
The energy used to turn away became available
for creative ways to turn things around.
Namaste'







 

No comments:

Post a Comment