Thursday, August 13, 2026

Cracked And Imperfect

"If it doesn't have to be pretty, or profound or perfect
maybe it can simply be true."
Do you feel the relief I do when I let go of
being pretty or profound?  I'm not going to say
perfect because that, we already are.  
Prestigious and prominent are two
more P words its a relief to release.

"And what is true?"
No need for deep thinking.
Although questions might be in order,
to scrape off the false conditioning
covering our authentic truth.
And then there's the choice
to be kind and considerate
rather than blunt and insulting.
That line where my truth
meets your dignity is significant.
Blunt could be necessary
in certain situations
with yourself and with others
but insulting needs to shift into silence.

And a word about perfect...
and imperfect for that matter...
I resist applying either to myself
and am learning not to apply it to others.
It's one of those judgement words
that implies one person's opinion
is more accurate than another's.
Who gets to decide?

That's not to say perfect isn't appropriate
for certain things like circles and right angles
and other mathematical, load bearing entities...
I'm thinking nuclear reactors, parachutes, bridges, 
airplanes, high rises and such 
where life depends on no cracks.
Meanwhile, let's carry our 
cracked perfection with 
humble gratitude and dignity.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment