There is so much I love about this poem.
We all might benefit from a chat with the future, don't you think?
"I keep hoping we’ll get to celebrate you."
I'd offer the future a rich cup of coffee with lots of cream.
Granola with yogurt with plenty of cinnamon.
Along with something sweet and delicious from Bent Willow.
Darn, Bent Willow is gone with Past.
Wait. What about a conversation with Now?
Now. Welcome! I have some questions.
First of all, please don't mind the mess.
I do apologize for all the trash in our oceans
and the wilderness that's gone missing along
with more creatures than I can name or count.
Can you make your way through the bodies?
Navigate the detention centers?
You're young and healthy aren't you?
Because man oh man, if you are sick
there might be a problem getting proper help.
Please sit down and tell me this can all be fixed?
That crews of helpers who are, this minute,
doing marvelous things to bring some order to the chaos?
It would be great if you'd make them a bit more visible.
Explain to me how you are sorting things out to
bring us back to balance and graciousness?
That the countless unsung and scarcely witnessed
humans and more than humans working
like mad to renew our trust and faith in each other
are not working in vain.
That the wood wide web is not destroyed
and is still able to send out waves of medicine to
help heal the ravaged places.
We need a detailed map.
Please?

No comments:
Post a Comment