This piece is so fitting right now,
"You knew what you had to do,. . .
though the melancholy was terrible"
as I travel through journals from the past.
It was already late enough. . .
With my usual instinct, my first thought is
"it's pretty late, isn't it" but that's exactly the voice
I'm no longer listening to.
It is right on time.
But little by little. . .there was a new voice,
which you slowly recognized as your own,
that kept you company. . .
determined to do the only thing you could do. . .
Maybe it takes seven decades to recognize your own voice.
Maybe it takes that long to realize its been there all along...
hidden away underneath the melancholy
and the voices that need to be left behind.
With a lump in my throat and
a giant thanks to M.O.
I leave you with her stunning words.

No comments:
Post a Comment