Monday, May 2, 2022

"IT-ness"


 This line of thinking has affected many aspects of my thinking, being and doing.
For I most certainly fit the description of seeing myself as "other"
from pretty much everything and (everyone) "outside" of me.
This is not intentional.  It was etched into me from conception.
Once you see "it", 
"it" cannot be unseen.
"It" becomes we 
in a whole wild, new way.
It changes the way I see the world around me.
The chipmunks are no longer those critters out there robbing the birdseed.
It feels awkward, clumsy, threatening and fascinating all at the same time.
Stepping down from a place of unconscious superiority
has its challenges, as you can imagine, 
especially when considering rodents and stinging insects,
but I will continue on this path of discovery.
However, I promise not to steal anyone's birdseed.

kastilwell


No comments:

Post a Comment