Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Caught In A Long Cycle of Forgetfulness

This feels painfully true to me.
The more I ponder and observe, the more I believe dedication to our Earth
contains the way for humanity to prosper, if only we'll listen and learn and act.
Many strong and eloquent voices have said and are saying this.
Yet, here we are, in what looks and feels like one fine mess.  
Each one of us doing our best but still participating in a system out of alignment.
What to do?  
All we can.  Every small step matters. Every thought matters.  
We can continue to contribute to the movement 
of recalibration and positive evolution.
We can add our particular and unique ingredients to the mix.
We can continue to imagine a just and compassionate world.
We are in this together. 

I keep coming back to these lyrics from Leonard Cohen.
"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot erase.
I'm junk but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet"

Except I'd rewrite it a bit.
"We're stubborn as those garbage bags, which time cannot erase.
We've junked it up but we're still holding on to this amazing wild bouquet."
Namaste' 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment