Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Facing the "Other Within"

it can only begin at the root within each individual

This message keeps on repeating in many different voices.

it is therefore in this small and most private of territories
that the potential for a truly humane society begins.

Bringing the focus into my relationship with myself 
and my nearest and most intimate relations,
brings me to a place where I don't feel quite so powerless.
It helps me see how each small gesture I make toward
decency and dignity, forgiveness and mercy matter.
I can make a difference within my own individual self,
in my own personal home and in my neighborhood
where there are those I don't even know and
those I have dismissed as "other".
This is where I can actually do something.
Namaste'




 

No comments:

Post a Comment