Wednesday, November 1, 2023

There Is No Shortage


 I read recently where even horrific things induce awe. It's something I hadn't thought about before...that piercing of pain and revulsion is part of our human condition overwhelming us with awe.  Sigh.  Leaning into the hard edges of humanity, seeing things as they are, asking why and then making up our own answersAm I equipped to manage that much reality?
It's a whole new way of looking at awe.  I confess to some strong trepidation yet
somewhere deep inside, it rings with a truth I want to resist. 
 I don't want the world to be filled with inhumanity yet, there it is.  
So my job becomes seeing it and saying it and finding a way to knit it into a 
garment of consolation where decency and dignity are the dominant colors.
Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment