Monday, November 20, 2023

An Unexamined Life


I confess to a former assumption that others think like I do.
While it still baffles me, there's lots and lots and lots of evidence 
to the contrary these days.

perhaps an honorable and informed life requires 
examining others' lives, not just our own.
This sounds like wise advice in this world of vast diversity.
Think of all we can learn from examining the complex variety of human experience.

Perhaps we do not know ourselves unless we know others.
I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I think its vital that we know who we are
distinct from the influence of others. 
As soon as I say that, I ask myself if that's even possible?

The most important thought to carry with me is 
 nobody is nobody.

I would also add that no thing is nothing.
Namaste'



No comments:

Post a Comment