Thursday, November 30, 2023

To Love Our Enemy Is Impossible

Lately, I've been wrestling with the idea of loving my enemy
as I continue to fall far short of that goal.
I've read lots and lots of words on the matter.
So, at first, it was a relief to read this.
This statement makes it sound deceptively simple.
However, I'm thinking its fruitless to understand someone 
through the lens of the media and my own prejudices. 
Now what?  I ask myself. 
I still feel the lack of love churning around toward those I see as enemies.
Once again the impetus circles back to the ground beneath me.
My particular tiny world is the one place where I can actually "do" something constructive.
Perhaps I can adjust my view and see beyond the despicable behavior**
to the wounded human being?  
Namaste'

** However, this does NOT mean I condone or allow the despicable behavior does it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment