Friday, December 29, 2023

Centering

A worthwhile distinction, isn't it?
How many times do I find myself in the middle
trying to please or appease?
More than I care to acknowledge.

To be centered is the mission.
Feet gently and firmly on the ground.  

Rooted in the whole.

For me that means letting it all be exactly as it is...
(back to Monday's Manifesto)

to meet this moment exactly as it is, 
with no dream of being anyone else 
but our flawed and fabulous very self- and then, 
wholly present, bringing this self to the world,
touching again and again what is true.

I know from experience this calls for 
frequent mercy and forgiveness ...
toward the flawed aspects of myself
and the flawed aspects of the world around me.

Like a tree...deeply and intricately rooted and 
connected beneath the surface 
while bending and swaying, 
in rhythm with the weather of the moment,
 gracefully and graciously above ground.

Namaste'




No comments:

Post a Comment