Tuesday, December 12, 2023

How Not To Be A Perfectionist


 I really needed this today as I have to let go of the vision of 
perfect loaves of bread, boxed elegantly and wrapped with exquisite elegance.
It can be challenging to accept the real as well as the perceived shortcomings of oneself.
And to know the difference. 

The older I get, the more impatient I find myself with the embedded ideas
of perfection I've been programmed with...degrees from Ivy League universities, 
fashion model figure, Architectural Digest style home and garden, 
driving highfalutin automobiles, the list goes on.
It's embarrassing to realize how gullible I was to all that and 
how often it manages to trick me into shallow minded thinking.

People are vivid and small and don't live very long--
Thank you, Molly Brodak!
Namaste'






No comments:

Post a Comment