Monday, December 11, 2023

Autobiography of Eve

I fell in love with this the minute I encountered it.
You see, it upended, turned inside out, an old story embedded in my psyche.
One I wasn't entirely aware I was carrying until I read this.
This shows the power of changing the narrative.

I heard a mysterious echo: my own voice singing to me 
across the forbidden side.
I'm discovering how vital it is to listen for this echo no matter how faint.
No matter how many distorted stories are obscuring your sound.
Our voice is calling to us to shake awake at once alive in a blaze of green fire.
 I've never seen a fire as green and I'm dazzled by it. Why not?
A giant thank you to Ansel Elkins*!
Namaste"

*Ansel Elkins was born in Alabama. She earned her BA from Sarah Lawrence College and MFA from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment