Thursday, March 21, 2024

Finding Pleasure

I had to slow way down to take this in.
I'm still in the process of doing so.
Inviting the part of me who's focusing on
what's currently wrong or
bracing myself for the next bad thing
to stand down and relax into something different.

Reality can involve physical ailments and pains, 
scary diagnoses of loved ones,
 things that have to get done, etc.  
See how skillfully I can list the disagreeable items?
I have to concentrate on changing the lens,
and moving to another spot to make the shift.
Like literally blazing a new trail.

From this unfamiliar place of noticing pleasure,
I recognize how well my fingers are working,
appreciate the reality of existing here, now
where I can exercise all my senses,
rejoicing in the existence of friends and loved ones,
watching night turn into day,
feeling  the comfort of my home,
noticing the sights and sounds of spring...
You get my meaning.

It's an adjustment.
The disagreeable things remain.
They are not gone but they are diluted.
It's kind of like the pleasant things
sit down right next to them,
put their arm around them and whisper,
"we've got this."
You are not alone.
Namaste'






 

No comments:

Post a Comment