Monday, March 18, 2024

Technically Speaking

What I would call a hint or a splash or a dose of irony 
is what appeals to me about this.
How practiced I am at missing 
how complex and intricate and multidimensional 
the things of this world can be and usually are.
Coincidentally, this was brought home to me
as I attempted to write out how words
appear on my screen as the start of a poem.  

The physical act of typing them out
was complex and intricate enough.
I was having trouble pronouncing 
the unfamiliar terms for my very familiar fingers.

Then there was the question 
of where and how the words come from in the first place.
So I turned to Jarod Anderson's in the meantime.
May our day be filled with the wonder of complexity
within the ordinary encounters.
That's what happened to me when I caught sight of 
this season's first dandelion bloom.
Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment